Makes 8 Tacos
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 zucchini, diced small (about 1 pound)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 (6 ounce) can salsa verde
- 1 (16oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- 8 (six inch) corn tortilla *can substitute flour if you prefer
- Preheat heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and jalapeno to the oil and sprinkle with the salt (salt will help draw the moisture out of the zukes). Saute for about 7 minutes, until the zucchini is lightly browned.
- Add garlic, olives, cumin and coriander, and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Add salsa verde and black beans. Cook for 5 more minutes; the salsa should reduce a bit so it’s juicy but not soupy.
- Place the tortillas in a moist paper towel and heat in the microwave for 1 minute on high. Serve with Garlic-Lemon yogurt and chopped scallion.
- 1 cup unsweetened plain vegan yogurt (Wildwood is great)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 tsp light agave nectar
- Scoop the yogurt into a small bowl. Use a micro-plane to grate in the garlic and then the lemon zest. Squeeze in the lemon juice and add the agave. Use a fork to mix well. Taste and adjust the garlic and lemons to your liking.
Recipe courtesy of Isa Chandra Moskowitz, Appetite for Reduction.