This is an awesome salsa like dip to make and keep on hand or take to a cookout or gathering. It is fresh, light and delicious AND it lasts for up to two month in the fridge! Be sure to store it the marinade for best refrigeration results.
- 12 ounces Pinto beans (1 can)
- 12 ounces Black-eyed peas w/ jalapeno (1 can; these can be hard to find, so if you can’t find them with jalapenos, just use them without.)
- 12 ounces White shoe-peg corn (1 can)
- 4 ounces Pimento pepper (small jar)
- 1 cup Green pepper chopped
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tbs Water
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar – or Stevia if you prefer
Drain beans, peas, corn and pimento and mix together with the rest of the chopped vegetables.
In a saucepan, bring to boil salt, pepper, water, vinegar, oil and sugar. Cool completely before pouring over bean mixture. Marinate at least 24 hours before serving. Serve with pita or tortilla chips, or even on a bed of lettuce.
Each (3/4 cup) serving (excluding any chips) contains an estimated:
Cals: 107, FatCals: 44, Total Fat: 5g
SatFat: 1g, PolyFat: 3g, MonoFat: 1g
Chol: 0mg, Na: 174mg, K: 210mg
TotCarbs: 14g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars 3g
NetCarbs: 11g, Protein: 2g