An Italian staple, veganized 🙂
- 1 large bunch of basil (about 3 cups, loosely packed)
- 2-3 large cloves garlic
- 6 Tbsp raw pine nuts or walnuts (or a combination of the two)
- 3/4 – 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
Place all ingredients except the olive oil and nutritional yeast into a food processor. Process to a finely ground consistency. Add olive oil and process again, until smooth and creamy. If desired, add nutritional yeast and process again until creamy. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.